Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Paul Rusesabagina


last night, a friend came online with great news,"Guess who's giving a lecture at concordia tmw evening?"
I, in my natural state of constant frenzy that leads me to say inconsistent things, immediately shout out the obvious correct answer,"HENDRY!"
[Editor's note: I have a somewhat scary obsession with Andrew Hendry, a bio prof who is married and has a kid]
The worst part is that I wasn't kidding.
Unfortunately, or fortunately actually, that was an incorrect answer: instead it was Paul Rusesabagina who was presenting his story.
And oh how lucky I was this evening to get in. Randomly arriving at 630, the line had already attained the corner.
By 7, it was all the way up to Sherbrooke and still growing.
Inside, I waited a long time. got sleepy; but twas worth it.
Rusasebagina is a good speaker. Keeps it simple, v anecdotic, and with a message at the end.
I loved the clapping and whooting when he started bitching bout the super powers.
Question and answers:
one man, a rwandan apparently, told him that he doesnt do enough for his country. But, he said in his talk that we need to stand up ofr others now as well as rwanda. What is the poor guy spossed to do? he already saved 1268 people in the original chaos, and informs and makes people "witnesses".
I personally think that's better than what most people do.

My pride, ie my bed, will soon have its own posting. Just cuz it's so cute and pretty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home