Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Post-Exam Drama at McGill

"It's the type of course I took instead of a worse course hoping I would do well (as I heard reviews about it from other students who had taken it last year) but will surely not remember anything I learned 3 months from now. I don't see what statistics will do me in med school (IF I get in, considering I was working hard to get all As this semester and I got my ambition shattered by this exam).What I am saying is that many of the students are not going into research in the future. Thus a lot of preparation should be required." Sorry, but if there are no researchers, there are no doctors....

"So much for med school... To think that I will never have to use statistics in my life and have my GPA ruined by a course I had to take..." ok so here we have two potential docs who dont think they will ever see stats again. not in publications, surveys, let alone worker unions and well graphs and stuff for the patient's dossier. humdeedum.

"Not one person left my room before time was up. How could he make the exact same mistake AGAIN." So apparently, I'm a ghost. I was gone before the end at the midterm and the final.

"i needed a good mark so taht i can get into the grad school program and actually have a career, which is now ruined for me." Um, I'm not sure one small little grade out of... 40 is going to keep you from having a career.

Yes. these are all reactions of my fellow students about a biometry exam that wasn't easy but that was in no way impossible to do, and I doubt they are all gonna get 50's or below.
This is also one of the reason's i got out of biology: they expect that everybody wants to be a doctor, they memorize and spew out all their info but aren't actually interested in any of it. I don't even call that ambition anymore. It's quite pathetic.

Second rant: the lady who takes care of the condo. I call her after my landlord gave me her number and told me to call. Well actually I sent her an email first, but siince no answer, and i was freezin my tush off, I called her.
I politely presented myself and asked who I should address to fix it. first thing she asks is why i'm callin [didn't i just tell you?i can't feel my body in my room], saying she doesn't want to have to deal with tenants, but only the owners.
NExt she goes on bout how shed doesnt understand how i could break my window without having been a filthy, raging, drunken ape (no offense jamie). So i tell her my door is a little tough because it swelled with the humidity. "BS" she vocifers! she knows that my door has been fixed for teh past few weeks. I try to nicely explain that it was not completely smooth b/c if he had sanded it more, when it dries (and shrinks) it will be too small for the door. No, she doesnt want to hear it, interrupting me continuously, sounding annoyed and responding curtly and condescendingly.
She then ends with a, " I don't see how this is my problem. It's your fault, but I'll send someone over to see and will send you the bill."

Yeah, so nice. So my day was filled with entertainin remarks by useless bio students, and a humiliation by "mme jolicoeur" (oh the irony!!!!)

Bow and good night.

1 Comments:

At December 08, 2005 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

none taken.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home