Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Washington DC used to be a swamp.
Someone out there is nostalgic.
Someone out there is determined to recreate the initial state.
Or better: it's the terrorist; they've found a way to control weather and make trees fall in the white house backyard (I am so not making this up. Google "elm tree white house")
For those unaware, it has been raining buckets. It's some sort of fake monsoon, w/ 23 cm of rain in 2 days, flash floods, etc... and its not over yet apparently :-D.
Makes workin at ice cream quite fun. As Calvin and I discovered last night, not only does it make business slow, (so we can talk aobut old tv shows), but it also makes ppl generous. W/ maybe 20 clients last night, we got 15$ in tips. And hell, for 20 ppl thats a shit load!

What's less fun, is cuz of the rain, the zoo is closed, but I didn't know. So from 6:30AM to 7:30 AM I was walking around the zoo desperately looking for an open gate. Finally, returned home, emailed Sara, who told me bout a special gate, which I promptly found, and now im safe inside :). But I was not a happy bunny.
Thank God for IPod and Jeronimo. Nothing like "Moi je voudrais" to put you in a good mood, followed by "Glass Dance" by the Faint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home